Monday, March 28, 2011

dreams really do come true

Here I am on the cover of a magazine! Well not ME but my work! I never would have thought anything I did would be in a magazine or on an album! These photos were taken with my phone so the quality isn't that great but I will post the real deal when it becomes available online. If you don't already receive Bluegrass Unlimited you can do so by visiting their website www.bluegrassmusic.com. I've been reading that magazine ever since I was a kid. Daddy would get the magazine and keep them in a pile beside his chair. I would pick them up and thumb through the pages to see what musician or band I knew in them. Now, I know about everyone that is in that magazine! I will never forget when my Daddy was on the cover with the Bass Mountain Boys. I was so proud, I took it to school and even wrote a book report on it! Now I consider it following in his footsteps and it's just so bittersweet. I feel so lucky and so blessed to have these opportunities and if it wasn't for my Momma & Daddy and their guidance & know-how, I wouldn't be where I'm at today! I have to thank the Grass Cats (Russell Johnson, Tim Woodall, Steven Martin, Chris Hill, Rick LaFleur), Mike Brantley, and Bluegrass Unlimited for this awesome opportunity!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Laura!.....so glad it worked out and I am sure that will not be the last cover shot you will do for BU and who knows what else....

    Proud of you!

    Tim Woodall
    www.grasscats.com

    ReplyDelete